|$986 (using promo code PMOV10) Click to use code and save 20%
|Also offer a full line of moving supplies to assist truck rental customers. Offer AARP discount. Read Budget Truck reviews.
|$1628 (using promo code PMOV10) Click to use code and save 20%
|Industry leading company with more locations and more options than any other. Read Uhaul reviews.
|*Data based on quotes for move from Chicago to Denver. Costs vary based on location, number of days, time of year, and other factors. All rentals include unlimited mileage.
Table note: These are quotes obtained for moving truck rentals from Chicago to Denver in June 2016. You may need to rent a different size truck than these and it’s quite likely that you will be moving to and from different locations. But the relative prices shown in this table are likely to be similar for your situation. Keep in mind that there are numerous variables involved in rental truck pricing quotes: exact pickup and dropoff locations, mileage, number of days, time of year, etc. You can also save significantly if you use a promo code – Budget offers 20% coupons frequently.
Budget Truck Rental is the second largest consumer truck rental company in the United States, operating through a network of more than 2,800 corporate owned, dealer and franchised locations throughout the continental United States, serving both the consumer and light commercial sectors. Read Budget moving truck reviews.
U-Haul is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since 1945. U-Haul’s rental fleet is composed of trucks, trailers, and various other equipment. Read Uhaul reviews.
Ryder launched a consumer truck-rental operation in 1968 with 1,000 trucks and vans. These were the yellow trucks known as “one-ways” and available for the public to rent. Ryder has earned high marks for serving customers in a timely, cost-effective and reliable manner. Read Ryder truck reviews.
Moving Truck Rental Types:
- One Way Truck Rental – One-way truck rental means you can pick up your rental truck in one location and return it somewhere else. All trucks are clean and in new condition, and there are nearly 2,000 locations to pick up your one way rental.
- Out of State Truck Rental – If you need to move out of state, a self-pack solution may be best. This involves receiving a trailer or portable storage container, packing it, and then having professionals drive your belongings to your new home.
- Local Truck Rental – A local truck rental means you will pick up and return the truck to the same location. If you need to rent a truck for a local move with the same pick-up and drop-off location and you are ready to reserve your truck now, you may use this local truck rental reservation type.
Budget Truck Rental maintains a dependable, late-model fleet of approximately 30,000 trucks. Specifications may vary based on make, model and year of truck.
Nearly all trucks have a variety of driver-friendly features including air conditioning, automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, and AM/FM stereos. Walk ramps or lift-gates are available on most models.
While under customer rental agreement, all trucks are covered by Budget Truck Rental’s roadside assistance provider, GE Capital.
Budgettruck.com is available 24 hours a day. Getting an online quote and making a reservation is just a few simple steps away. Our site also offers moving supplies, useful tips, and links to moving related businesses and services. You can also find valuable, Internet exclusive offers.
Budget Truck Rental has one of the newest and most well-maintained truck fleets in the truck rental industry. The average age of Budget’s trucks is 2 to 2½ years old. Budget Truck Rental’s late-model fleet helps ensure that customers have a mechanically sound and worry-free rental experience.
Making Your Moving Truck Rental Easier
There is nothing worse than renting a moving truck, only to find out that it has a problem. Maybe it isn’t big enough, maybe it costs too much, or maybe it is one of the seemingly infinite number of problems that people run into. Fortunately, by planning ahead, choosing a moving truck rental doesn’t have to be a problem. If you take a little time to decide exactly what you need, then you will likely be able to avoid some of the most common problems that people run into. Here are a few things to keep in mind when deciding which moving truck rental reviews are right for your move.
1. Do a Background Check. You don’t need to hire a private investor or anything that dramatic, but you should take some time to make sure that you are renting from a company that has a solid reputation For example, in the late 1990’s, U-Haul was getting a bad reputation because they were not replacing trucks as they aged, which led to leaking roofs or poor driving experiences. Because of this, they made significant upgrades and are now considered a solid option. While they may make you happy now, they might not of a decade ago. By looking at current trends and current issues, you will be able to make a better decision. If you are doing your research online, it is important to keep things in perspective. People are much more likely to complain than to leave positive comments, so you will always find a few complaints about every company. The key is to identify when the complaints were. If they are mostly a few years old, but there are few recent complaints, then there is a good chance that the issue has been resolved.
2. Choosing the Right Size. This should seem like an obvious step, but many people just rely on the recommendations that the moving truck rental agency provides. While they are correct in most cases, there might be some special considerations to keep in mind. For example, if you have an item that cannot be put on it side, then you need to make sure that the height of the truck is acceptable. Additionally, when looking at the right size, you need to consider what size is most efficient. If you are moving a few blocks away from where you are now, making multiple trips in a smaller truck might be a better option than paying for a large truck. On the other hand, if you are hiring movers, using a single trip will often save you money on the movers. It can be a bit of a balancing act at times, so make sure to plan ahead.
3. Return Locations. One of the biggest problems that people run into is that returning the truck is incredibly inconvenient Moreover, if you switch your drop off location, many companies will charge an additional fee. Because of this, it is vital that you plan ahead and make sure that you are renting from a company that has a return location that fits your needs.
There are a lot of variables to take into consideration when choosing which moving truck rental company is the best fit for your needs. However, if you read moving truck reviews and keep these 3 tips in mind, the entire process will be much more satisfying.