Whether you are moving to a new city or just across the town, moving and packing becomes a chore. The main requirements that come up are finding good moving boxes, truck rentals and careful packaging that will keep your delicate items and other goods safe while being transferred. Packing is not fun but an essential component of your move and good quality moving boxes are important. Professional moving boxes are heavy-duty cardboard boxes with corrugated patterns in different sizes, which is used to facilitate and ease a safe moving process.
Box Moving type. Super strong packing boxes with protective bubble wrap or cellulose keep your delicate items such as glassware and dishes safe. But if you are looking for the best boxes, professional moving boxes become your best bet. For non fragile items, the single walled corrugated cardboard boxes are best to pack your electronic goods, television, clothes etc. while for fragile items its best to use the double lined, bubble wrap moving boxes with extra fillings of Styrofoam, to keep glass, dishes and art pieces safe.
Moving box strength. Usually the moving boxes are tested for strength and durability by a test known as Edge Crush test and the ECT of the box is printed on the side of the box flap, which you can check and buy accordingly. Professional movers use boxes tested for at least 200 lb or 32 ECT but there are cheaper versions also available for casual moving. You can also use huge cartons and office file boxes to keep goods that may not break or if you are shifting locally. But, long distance moving may require professional moving boxes tested for strength so that accidental opening or breakages do not happen.
Moving box size. Moving boxes come in a variety of shapes and sizes. You can pick according to your requirements, so check out the professional moving boxes sizes:
* Small Kits– best to pack records and books or other heavy weight items.
* Medium –18”x14”x12” are best to pack your kitchen ware goods.
* Large–20”x20”x15” can be used to pack linen and bulky items.
* Extra large–23”x23”x16” packs TVs, toys, tall lamps and other bigger items.
* Dish pack or Kitchen boxes– 18”x18”x20” are used to pack your kitchen items and dish boxes with a lot of packing paper to keep fragile items safe.
* Wardrobe large box–24”x24”x40” are double lined and extra wide with hanging bars for keeping your clothes pressed.
* Frame box–41” x 6”x 26” are strong enough for shipping, packing large picture frames, delicate mirrors and any other flat thin items.
* File boxes– 16” x 12.5” x 10” are good to pack your office/home office supplies.
For safe transit, its best to use boxes that are suited for manual handling, so choose the size to match the goods being packed inside it. Also, if you are packing yourself, ensure that each moving box is a safe lifting weight for whoever is going to move your goods.
The best aspect of moving boxes is that these are recyclable and eco friendly, being made out of cardboard so you don’t have to worry about adding to the waste, after the move. If you are on the look out for buying strong moving boxes, you can either look up your local Yellow pages or directories but now even browsing online will help you as there are many companies listed which sell moving box kits that saves you a considerable amount of money.
Tip: When you are moving household goods or furnishings long-distance, always check the insurance terms and conditions on whether your belongings need to be packed by professional movers in order to be insured. This usually relates to overseas moves where packaging has to meet shipping standards in order to meet insurance conditions.
Find moving boxes near you.