If you are in the market for renting a self storage unit, you should find some things out about a self storage unit facility, before you hand over any money to them for rent. By having some quick questions answered, you will be better able to decide which of the many storage unit facilities in your area the best one to choose is.
- Hours of Operation: Ask the storage unit facility you are considering what their hours of operation are. You want to be sure that your storage unit will be accessible virtually whenever you need it to be.
- Security: Find out what level of security the storage unit facility has. Do they have cameras installed on the premises? Do they have an on-site manager who lives on premises? Do they have a security gate that takes a code in order to gain entry or exit?
- Price: Be sure that you are going with a storage unit facility that is adequately priced in accordance with your budget. Also, be sure that all the fees are up front and that there are no hidden fees that will bite you later on.
- Accommodations: Does the storage unit facility you are considering have outside units, inside units, or both? Are some of those units climate controlled? What are the different sizes of the various storage units on the premises?
- Commitment: Will the storage unit facility you are considering require a contract? There are many that will not, so be sure you are not getting into a year long contract if you will only need the storage unit for a few months.
These are basic questions that need to be answered and the only way that will happen is if you ask them. By finding out about the storage unit facility you are considering up font, you can save yourself a lot of time, aggravation, and money down the road.